Friday, December 29, 2017

90 second Cinnamon Roll


Last night around 7:30.  Watching reruns of American Picker because there wasn't anything else on TV.  I wanted something sweet.  I know my tummy wasn't hungry, but my brain was and I knew that if I didn't feed the craving with something keto and delicious I'd graze my way through the evening with cheese, peanut butter, sugar free chocolate chips and pork rinds looking for that one thing to cut the craving to it's knees.

I found it!


I love mug cakes, they are quick and usually pretty tasty and hit the spot.  Chocolate is always my go to mug cake.  I was stopped in my tracks when I realized I has ZERO unsweetened cocoa powder in the cupboard.  Oh no!!!  I switched to a lemon cream cheese mug cake.  UGH!  Out of heavy whipping cream.  Just in case you're wondering, yes...I'm going shopping today.  But that wasn't going to help me out last night.

I've made fathead cinnamon rolls before, but that's too much time and effort.  So, maybe I could come up with a cinnamon mug cake.  Before, I got to far into the process I checked to make sure I still had some cinnamon. lol  Yes, I had it.  

As I was thinking about how to go about this, I thought to myself....maybe someone out there in the world wide web neighborhood has already mastered a cinnamon mug cake.  Lo and behold!  I found it.    Of course, I can't do anything like anyone else so I did have to tweek it to my own taste a tad bit.  Also, this was listed as 1 serving.  Ummm....I know it would work for 2 servings, maybe even 3.

It's rich, sweet, cinnamony and perfect for those sweet tooth cravings.  Give it a go!  

90 Second Cinnamon Mug Cake
Serves 2

Ingredients:
For the cake - 

3 Tbsp almond flour
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 Tbsp Pyure (Pyure is an organic stevia erithrytol blend) you can use your favorite sweetener  
1 egg

For the cream cheese icing
1 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp Pyure

For the cinnamon butter glaze
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp Pyure

Directions:

Melt butter in a 2 cup Pyrex microwave safe bowl or large mug.  Add the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon and Pyure and mix well.  Add the egg and whisk until everything is incorporated well.  Microwave on high power for 90 seconds.  Remove from microwave and set aside.  

Now, you'll melt the butter for the glaze, add cinnamon and Pyure and pour over the top of the cinnamon mug cake.  I actually started to stop here and skip the cream cheese icing, but decided...what the hell.  Let's go all the way. 

Place the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and on medium power, about 10-12 seconds until the cream cheese starts to crack and pop.  Add the Pyure and mix together, spread over the cinnamon cake.  

Cut in half, thirds or fourths.  It's rich...A bite or 2 will do ya.

Nutritional Value for 1/2 cake with butter glaze and cream cheese icing
calories 294; fat 28; total carbs 3.2; fiber 1; net carbs 2.2; sugars 1; protein 6.1






No comments:

Post a Comment