Friday, December 15, 2017

Cauliflower Tots

I had totally planned on making the cheesy risotto for you today, but I was really wanting tater tots.  I can't even tell you what came over me.  I usually don't even like tater tots.  :)

These really hit the spot too.  Best part.... 5 tots is ZERO net carbs.  That's right a big old ZERO!




Cauliflower Tots
Yields 30

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked riced cauliflower.  I used 1/2 bag of Green Giant frozen. 
1 1/2 oz plain pork rinds
1 egg
1/4 cup (heaping) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400° line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.

In food processor, combine the pork rinds and spices and grind into a powder.  Pour into a medium mixing bowl and set aside.

Cook and chop cauliflower into rice sized pieces or do what I did and use the frozen Green Giant riced cauliflower.  

Add cooked cauliflower to the bowl, along with egg and mozzarella cheese.  The heat of the cauliflower will melt the cheese.  Stir until cheese and egg and thoroughly combined.



Using about 1-2 tsp size scoops, form into tater tot size.   



I sprinkled a little grated parmesan cheese on top of some of them.  

Bake for 15 minutes.  Turn on broiler and broil for a few minutes to brown the tops.



Serve with sugar free ketchup or your favorite sauce.  



They didn't melt and spread on the pan while baking.  They held their shape and they were crispy.  YUMMY!  Yes, you can tell they are cauliflower, but they're still really good.

I started to make a cheese sauce and have cheese tots, but I didn't want to shred more cheese.  Call me lazy.

And here's the best part!  It made 30 tots, I decided 5 tots per serving for 6 servings, but you could actually turn this into 3 servings if you want.

Nutritional Value per Serving - 5 tots
calories 44; fat 2.7; total carbs 0.8 fiber 0.8, net carbs zero, sugar 0.6 and protein 4




No comments:

Post a Comment