Friday, December 22, 2017

Chicken Pesto



Going back to basics.  Sometimes I get a little too enthusiastic about baking keto sweets.  Even though they are perfectly okay to eat and fit into my macros.  They can cause a stall in weight loss.

I decided it was time to go back to eating the way I did in the beginning and that was following the diet doctor website and menus.  

Unfortunately, when I chose the recipe and started cooking, I didn't check first to make sure I had all the ingredients. lol   This called for some improvising.  It turned out delicious and I've got plenty of leftovers for the weekend.

So this is my version of chicken pesto.

Chicken Pesto
serves 4

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp butter
1 lb diced raw chicken breast
2-3 Tbsp green pesto
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 cup frozen spinach (you can use fresh if you have it)
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°
Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray (I always use avocado oil spray)

Melt butter in a frying pan.  Season the diced chicken and fry in butter until golden brown.  


Combine heavy whipping cream, garlic, chicken broth and green pesto in a small bowl and set aside.



Spread the chicken into the bottom of baking dish, sprinkle the frozen spinach on top and pour the cream/pesto over the top.  


Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over everything.



Bake 25 minutes, if you want the cheese browned you can turn the broiler on for a few minutes.  I like it brown. :)


Nutritional values per serving:
calories 376; fat 26.8; total carbs 1.4; fiber 0.3; net carbs 1.1; sugars 0.2; protein 27.3



No comments:

Post a Comment